Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash - Faulty .

The fault is that it only fires full power in all modes, therefore every shot is completely overexposed. In ETTL mode it pre-flashes but does not fire a main flash and in all other modes it always fires full-power. The way around this I found was to set the camera to Manual mode, increase the aperture (f-stop) and reduce the ISO settings to 100 and the pictures turned out nice. For better results set it to AV (aperture priority) to control the shutter speed automatically. I Checked this on the internet it seems as though it is a known fault and repairable. There is a hot shoe fix I read in the forums but I am not that technical with screws and was not in a position to wait for a repair as I had a wedding job to do so bought another and now have no use for 2. The flash has some some scuffs from regular use but nothing major. The flash comes with the origanal manual and box. If you would like further info please do not hesitate to call me or text me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular